Friday, September 21, 2012

Daddy has your back

Being that I do not have time to write a fresh piece today, I thought I would unearth an old piece of my work and put it up. I'm not much of a poet really, but I hope you enjoy.

Daddy Has Your Back.


The windows clatter something wicked and threaten with shattering in the presence of approaching evil, but I simply hold you in my arms and say,

"Don't cry sweetie, daddy has your back."

The heathens break through in a putrid swarm, clawing and pulling themselves into the room with malice in their eyes.

"Don't cry sweetie, daddy has your back."

The wretched mob moves towards us, so i pull you into my core to shelter you with all I have at my reach.

"Don't cry sweetie, daddy has your back."

The hands begin to rip at my flesh, scarring my already scarred frame. Despite their efforts my skin refuses to break just yet, holding strong for you.

"Don't cry sweetie, Daddy has your back."

These beasts know not what they deal with, a soul even more formidable and vicious than a thousand of their own, and with that i hold strong for you.

"Don't cry sweetie, Daddy has your back."

The hands of evil grow too many, as my flesh has no recourse but to tear. The blood pours from my mortal coil as it never has before.

"Don't cry sweetie, daddy has your back."

My flesh grows more seldom in favor of exposed tissue, as I become baptized in blood. The pain weighs greater and the numbers keep growing.

"Don't cry sweetie, daddy has your back."

My muscles begin to flail from tissue damage, and the pain crystallizes all the more. But my core remains unmoved, as you remain unharmed.

"Don't cry sweetie......Daddy has your back."

I feel my organs being manipulated and the pain grows dull and black. The heathens are taking me over and aiming their sights on you.

"Don't cry sweetie, Daddy has your back."

Just as I had hoped though, the bastards indulged in my blood. Little do they know that my blood will be their undoing.

"Don't cry sweetie, Daddy has your back."

Their bodies soon grow as lifeless as mine but you remain unharmed, and they drop by the dozens. As i hold you one last time and look into you're sweet little brown eyes, i say,

"Don't cry sweetie...............Daddy will always have your back"

No comments:

Post a Comment