Monday, September 24, 2012

Freedom of Speech

"To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker." - Frederick Douglass

I have been hearing this particularly repugnant statement being spread around lately,

"Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequence of your speech."

To me, this is complete and utter nonsense, it inherently implies that the person using this phrase has the authority and/or ability to punish you for saying things they simply do not agree with. This is egotism and condescension run amok, anyone uttering this flawed and moronic phrase at you would be tarred and feathered in a more enlightened age, but since that is not an option, just tell them that the people who unceremoniously murdered Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Medgar Evers, John and Robert Kennedy, Mahatma Gandhi and some guy named Jesus would absolutely agree with him and he should go have a chat with them.


"Free speech is not to be regulated like diseased cattle and impure butter. The audience that hissed yesterday may applaud today, even for the same performance." - William O. Douglas


Those of you who have been dragging your eyes across my blog (thank you for your support by the way) already should know that I happily exercise my right to say any and everything I fucking want to and welcome anybody to pipe up and disagree, debate is welcome but don't ever dare to think you could ever silence me or drown me out because you do not like what I say, that conversation will be quite abruptly ended by me cursing and throwing the heaviest thing or the smelliest piece of food I can find in that moment at your stupid flappy face, I can promise you that.


Personally I am of the opinion that either it is all okay or nothing is okay, you don't get to pick and choose. Either it's all the finite inarguable truth or it's all a grandiose lie that we made the fuck up, line for line.
Political Correctness and liberalism have become the new platform for censorship and thought control in our society. 
Some would even say there is more than a hint of Fascism lying within the core of that message.
We constantly have to disregard plain and simple descriptive dialogue in the name of spared feelings. The self esteem movement really has set us back. 


Note:  I am not a liberal nor am I a conservative either, I have learned to think for myself instead of simply bobbing my head to the preferred propaganda, so liberals please do not bother attacking from that point of view, I will never share my politics with you anyhow.


"I got a feeling about political correctness. I hate it. It causes us to lie silently instead of saying what we think."  - Hal Holbrook


The winners, the people who prevail throughout history, generally have never gotten caught up bothering to care about people's feelings.
Social Mockery, Pecking orders, divisions, crude designations and  general tribal  "cliquishness" is just the human way, it is our nature.
we would be much more progressive as a species and ultimately better off if we were to simply drop the pretense that racism and prejudice no longer exist and everybody is special because of their genetics.
They exist more now than ever, we just have the Internet to hide it in now.


I am not saying that we shouldn't all accept one another, we absolutely should, and by dropping the coddling lie of politically correct language and just speaking in plain descriptive would be a big step towards evolving past all this nonsense. By treating every race, religion, lifestyle and sexuality with kit gloves, it only brings that much more attention to things and hence putting that wall up in a persons mind. Nobody is special unless they prove it through what they accomplish, your DNA and genetic code don't mean anything and while I certainly do not think one should be ridiculed or ostracized for it, it certainly does not warrant a parade being thrown in honor of it either.


These people who inspired this article, the whiny no accounts who want to say whatever they feel like, but at the same time silence you, these people are a plague upon our kind and they need to be marginalized.
But even with my hatred for them, I still wouldn't want them silenced, I just think their words should be hollowed out and seen for the childish nonsense that they are.
We can all say whatever we want to say and that is a beautiful thing in and of itself, to try and compromise that is endangering one of the only things that remain pure.



















No comments:

Post a Comment