Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Swirly



Creak...Creak.....Creak


The slow turn of this insipid device taunts me so, twisting and turning, turning and twisting with it's array of multi colored lights and galaxy of limply hanging apendages. I cannot help wondering why my sister would purchase such a strange gift for me, her ever lucid brother, when this seems like clear fodder for the idiotic raver culture.


Creak.....Creak......Creak


Curse this confounded contraption!
I have kept it on nonstop for months now and still it has yet to cease working, the one product of modern manufacturing actually built to last had to be this hideous gizmo! I fail to figure out what is worse, that it continues or that I still cannot take my gaze off of it....after all these many months......


Creak.....Creak....Creak


This cursed creaking continues, causing my teeth to clench, reminding me that they have not been met with a brush in so very long, almost as long as the wild hairs growing out of my face and head.
Why does this device hold me under it's gaze so?!
Why did my sister bestow upon me such a torment?!


Creak.....Creak.....Creak


Today my darling sibling shall face the music indeed, for her return to my abode is imminent. On this day she will answer for the bags under my eyes and the ghostly white tone to my flesh. She will look upon this sardonic swirling sum of it's parts and explain herself so that my many sleepless nights do not go unjustified any longer.


Creak.....Creak......Creak


Oh, how the churning vexes me so! She knows not what she walks into tonight this sister of mine! Perhaps this was her plan all along......perhaps her lifelong jealousy of my successes in life have led her to seek sabotage upon me, and what an ingenious method she has chosen, for my life force trembles with every creak....creak...creak, it trumps the mere beating of some hideous heartbeat.
Perhaps she knew that, perhaps because she knows me so very well.


Creak....Creak....Creak


What's that?.....you mean she told you this was her plan all along?
Why would she tell you her plan? For that matter, why would you tell me now, when the plot is clearly so far along?!


Creak....Creak....Creak


I see, well be that as it may, what am I supposed to do about it now?


Creak.....Creak.....Creak


An axe you say, underneath the couch, what are you implying good sir?


Creak.....Creak....Creak


But....she is my own flesh......and blood, I cannot...


Creak....Creak.....Creak!


Who exactly do you think you are talking to me in such a manner?!
What makes you think I won't just smash you into the ground and stomp you to shards of fiber optic fop?!


Creak.....Creak....Creak


You have a point, perhaps this all has happened for a reason.
Perhaps this is fate coming to a crescendo, perhaps you are the light that has long been absent from my life, until now.


Creak....Creak....Creak


Yes my luminary lord, I will do as you desire.
I too just heard the door of her car slam shut and can now hear the clickety clack of her whorish high heels up the concrete stairwell, fastly she approaches a most unwelcome greeting.
For the blade of my axe is sharp and your wrath channeling through me swells within my body, preparing for retribution.
Shhhh! that's her at the door now, be silent, be still.


Knock, Knock, Knock


Creak....Creak...Creak


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment